Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Some SIP newbie questions

  1. #1
    Inactive Member hobbes331's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 16th, 2002
    Posts
    2
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I just started reading SiP and I love it! I'm collecting the TPBs and I'm at #10 Tropics of Desire. I have some questions and I hope you veteran readers can help me.

    1. When did Katchoo and Francine first meet; in high school or earlier than that? I think I read somewhere that they met in 7th grade or something like that.

    2. I'm confused about the relationship between Tambi and Katchoo. One moment she's the big villain who's tormenting Katchoo, then suddenly, she's her sweet half-sister! Am I missing something?

    And am I the only one who thinks that the Parker girs plot is confusing? It's something like those X-files conspiracy.

    Anyway, it's a great comic and I can't wait for the next TPB!

    ------------------

  2. #2
    Inactive Member fallingstarre's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 13th, 2001
    Posts
    49
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Wink

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="comic sans ms, jester, Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by hobbes331:
    I hope you veteran readers can help me.

    1. When did Katchoo and Francine first meet; in high school or earlier than that? I think I read somewhere that they met in 7th grade or something like that.

    2. I'm confused about the relationship between Tambi and Katchoo. One moment she's the big villain who's tormenting Katchoo, then suddenly, she's her sweet half-sister! Am I missing something?

    And am I the only one who thinks that the Parker girs plot is confusing?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    Answers/Opinions (more of the latter than former):

    1. Cannonically, they got to know each other well in High School. We have no info on when they met (though I think I recall that its was suggested in the high school issues that Katchoos family hadn't been in the neighborhood for a very long time) let alone when Katchoo's butt-slapping started. However long they may have been in school together, I hope they didn't interact too much prior to the events we've already seen depicted. IMHO, it spoils some of the effect of the high school issues if they had a long history before that.

    2. Tambi went from agressor to partner to loving half-sister in the (vol. 8 & 9). She was never really the big villain (or even the villain) and Bambi had the biggest chip on her shoulder for her half-sister.

    and confused by the Parker saga, just wait, we still don't know any of David's secrets in that regard (and Margie, last of the Parker girls is still running around loose). smile

    ------------------
    A little learning is a dangerous thing; Drink deep, or taste not the Pierian spring: There shallow draughts intoxicate the brain, And drinking largely sobers us again. -Alexander Pope

  3. #3
    HB Forum Owner Branflakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 3rd, 1999
    Posts
    2,290
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Smile

    Welcome to the board! Have some oreos and enjoy your stay. smile

    Here's my answers/opinions on the topics:

    1. I think they first met in High School. The reference to 7th grade may have been a joke by Katchoo or a goof by Terry. We really don't know, though most clues point to High School.

    2. What falling said. Tambi was presented as quite the villian for awhile, but as more info was revealed, we see where she was coming from. She gave clues to Kat and hers relation ("Cinderalla"), but most of us missed it. I was quite shocked by the revelation, too. I still don't think Tambi is sweet, just a bit more realistic.

    3. Yeah, the Parker Girls can make your head spin. But that's part of the fun of SIP. biggrin


    ------------------
    The ninja lesbian milk getter. aka dorkflakes.
    Take the time to feel the wind.
    I'm tired of the silent majority. Silence equals death.
    "I'm not crazy, I'm just reality challenged" -tyledras
    Help Hostboard by using that search engine.
    ChatterBox
    Bran's Place

  4. #4
    Jaxom 27
    Guest Jaxom 27's Avatar

    Post

    More 2 cents (including a spoiler):

    ***

    ***

    ***

    1. I think Terry kinda filled in the sorta question that we are all confused on with this one: The most recnt issue shows a young kinda junior highish Francie dealing with her at least 16 year old brother and she is painfully aware of the blond girl who keeps smacking her ass...so you could say they knew OF each other in junior high, but they didn't really become FRIENDS until high school...

    2. This one's been answered pretty much.

    3. This one too, but it's OH SO FUN trying to figure it all out...

    tongue

    Oreos, by the by...

    ------------------
    Before allowing drunken friend to cheat on his girl, you must attempt one
    intervention. If he is able to get on his feet, look you in the eye, and deliver
    a "F...OFF!" You are absolved of your of responsibility.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member 5Cats's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 5th, 1999
    Posts
    883
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi Hobbes! Welcome to the forum!

    #1: In the most recent issue it deals with this a little. They lived in the same area as kids, they had to know each other a little, but hung out with entirely different crowds!

    #2: Um, yeah! It is a startling change isn't it? Ooooh! Cinderella! Two wicked step-sisters! Evil 'mom' (Darcy) Father who protected her dies & so on. I finally 'get it'. Sooo, who's the prince?

    The Parker Girls plot is indeed confusing. Twisted. Convoluted. & etc.

    ------------------
    No will but thy will
    No law but the laws you make
    2cats + 2cats = 5Cats!
    Self-proclaimed "LairPet"...Wierder than the average cat!
    Captain TMI!...Resident Feline Expert! &gt;^..^&lt;
    Coined the phrase "intellectualosexual"

  6. #6
    Inactive Member hobbes331's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 16th, 2002
    Posts
    2
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks for replying, everyone. I'm not reading single issues because I prefer to collect TPBs. I find each issue too short! How I'd wish they would release SIP in phone-book form, like what Dave Sim did for Cerebus smile

    ------------------

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Lyric054's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 1st, 2001
    Posts
    50
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hey Hobbess...for a more phone book style, try the hardback collections. You get about 10 or more issues per book. And the fact they are hardback makes them nicer to read. Now they go for $49.95 each, but totally worth it.

    Lyric054

    ------------------
    Water under a burning bridge.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member UpstartThunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 20th, 2001
    Posts
    9
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Red face

    I seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee........
    Cinderela! Far too clever for meee!.. doh'
    still it gives me yet another wonderful reson to read them over once more.. =P

    ------------------

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •